Sunday, May 4, 2008

Scandalous!



Miley Cyrus is a 15 year old singer/actress/ entrepreneur. She is also a role model to millions of young girls worldwide who know her better as Hannah Montana. She is the star of her own Disney television show which has spawned a successful singing career. Recently pictures were released that could result in career suicide, at a photo shoot pictures were taken of Miley and her “has been” father Billy Ray Cyrus. The pictures appeared Vanity Fair and display Cyrus appeared to be topless. These pictures caused outrage from parenting groups. Some people think this is the beginning of a tailspin toward destruction much like Britney Spears.

Personally, these pictures only show her back and is less provactive then most of her pictures and get ups that she has been in. She is a positive role model for kids, but I think the media blew this story out of proportion and without the media coverage kids would be unaware of this picture.

Cyrus has not lost her job and has since apologized stating: "I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be ‘artistic’ and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about."

The photographer Annie Lebovitz also stated an apology: "I'm sorry that my portrait of Miley has been misinterpreted. The photograph is a simple, classic portrait, shot with very little makeup, and I think it is very beautiful.”

No comments: