Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happily Ever After? I Think NOT

So season after season many starlets get their 15 minutes of fame by having their own reality dating show. Now if the point of these shows is to find your one and only love, your soul mate and confidant, then why are there multiple seasons? For example, in the first season on Flavor of Love, rap star Flavor Flav choose "Hoops” as the winner. Then 6 months later Flavor of Love season 2 appears on commercials. I guess Hoops didn’t last too long. Then at the end of season 2, Flavor Flav choose “Dlishuz” to be his ‘soul mate’. Only 2months after the season finale, she dumped Flavor Flav and started dating famous rap superstar Busta Rhymes. Season after season I find myself asking many questions. Do these ladies just go on the show to get their 15 minutes of fame? Or are they there for love? I guess in reality television you will never really know what’s real and what’s fake. Another example would be ‘New York’ and her dating show called I LOVE NEW YORK. At the end of the first season she choose ‘Tango’ to be her one and only. During the reunion special “Tango” ended up dumping ‘New York’, leaving New York to start auditioning new men for season 2 of I LOVE NEW YORK. So I ask you, can true love be found through reality television? I think not.

No comments: