Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentines Day Extravaganza

It was a Wednesday night, the day before Valentines Day and like any girl in a relationship I was anxious about the next day. Yet my case is a tad bit different. The night before Valentines day I was biting my nails because my boyfriend had yet to tell me what we were doing. Ok so a little surprise is nice every now and then but unlike a lot of people, I’m the type that needs to always know what we are doing prior to doing it. So that night I was in a kind of upset mood. I thought that we weren’t going to do anything because he had yet to tell me anything! So that morning I woke up like any other day, I went to all my classes and didn’t receive one phone call from my Valentine. At 12 when I was done with my classes I went back to my apartment with my friends. My roommate then said to me “Hey why don’t you just lay down for a few, you’ll feel better”. As I entered my room I found my bed full of roses and gifts overflowing the bed. To say the least I was in shock! My boyfriend had called up my roommate early that morning so she could open up the door and let him in so he could decorate my room. After getting over the shock of the plethora of gifts, I began to read the card. It was the cliché Valentines Day card with all that wonderful mushy gushy stuff that makes a girl feel all warm and fuzzy inside. At the end of the card it said “Be ready around 7 o’clock because I’m going to be picking you up for dinner”. I felt like such a dork because I swore we weren’t going to do anything, and he surprised me with all these wonderful gifts and a beautiful dinner.
To say the least my Valentines Day was one I will never forget. Although I felt like an idiot for half the night for under estimating him, I realized that he would never let me down on such a special day.

No comments: