Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dissappointed....


As much of you now know, I am a die hard fan of reality dating shows. Last season my favorite was a Shot at Love with Tila Tequila. Every night when it was on I found myself glued to the TV. Now I can’t stand to even hear the theme song for MTV’s new dating show, That’s Amore. In one of my pervious blogs I seemed to be all hyped and gun-ho about the 1st episode of That’s Amore. Well as soon as the 1st episode aired I was immediately disappoint. Domenco was my favorite character on a Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, now, the meer sound of his voice repulses me. The show over dramatizes the fact that he is a right-off-the-boat Italian with a thick accent and cheesy show props. When the contestants are asked to do private confessionals, they are sitting at a table with a red and white table cloth, like the one you would find at a cheesy Italian restaurant. In the back ground there are café-like posters hanging, giving off the idea that the contestants are sitting in a tacky café shop. When in reality they are just sitting in a closet.
On top off all that cheesiness, the girls are all bimbos. They prance around in bikinis and talk about each other constantly, while Domenico is in the corner shoving his tongue down another girl’s throat. I’ll be honest, if I was fighting over a man and saw him playing hockey with one girl’s tonsils, I would run as fast as I could in the opposite direction. Not to mention how crass that is, it seems so unsanitary. If one girl decides to make out with Domenico, shes basiclly making out with the whole entire cast, since he has already had some sexual contact with all of them.
Now tell me, how can one honestly find love when you have 8 cameras in your face??? All the girls who even audition for the show need to take a good look in the mirror and stop fighting for their 15 minutes of fame.

No comments: